Amendments by mutual consent
An amendment by mutual consent consists of a request from a Party and a reply (approval or rejection) to the request by the other Party. The Party requesting the amendment shall send to the other Party a duly justified amendment request when it affects:
- Articles 1, 2, 3.2, 3.3, 4, 5 or 6 of the IMDA
- Title and principal objective: It is possible to modify the Principal Objective if this change is not fundamental and does not call in question the award of the grant (e.g. if broadening the region of intervention, while still staying within the scope of the relevant HIP/decision). Such changes to the Principal Objective would still remain exceptional.
- Specific objective, results and indicators
- Number and type of beneficiaries: An amendment by mutual consent is not necessary in all cases of modification in the beneficiaries' number. In fact, the factual day-to-day evolution of the number of beneficiaries reached does not requires an amendment, while it is required in case of changes regarding the minimum number which the UN Agency expects to reach by the end of the Action.
- Country and/or region of implementation
To start drafting the modification request, the UN Agency should enter in Appel and follow this workflow
Requests for amendments (MR) must be drafted using the Pdf Application and must be submitted through Appel no later than one month before the end of the implementing period of the Action. Only in duly justified cases the parties may agree on a shorter time limit.
In very exceptional circumstances, the UN Agency can ask an amendment after the end of the implementation period, until, at the latest, with the Final Report. This type of amendment must be very well justified (for example: changes in the transfer of supplies, postponing the date of submission of the Final Report).
The Commision will inform about the acceptance or rejection of the proposed amendment, as soon as possible, and, in any case, no later than 30 calendar days from receipt of the request.
If the request for amendment was made by the UN Agency after the end of the implementation period or with the Final Report, the Commission shall notify of its decision on the proposed amendment with the notification of final payment.
The amendment shall enter into force on the date on which the last Party gives its approval and it shall take effect on the same date, unless the Parties agree otherwise.
The UN Agency shall abstain from implementing any changes before having received the express agreement of the Commission except in case of force majeure, suspension of the implementation of the Action or equivalent circumstances which require the immediate adoption of precautionary measures.
References & useful links